Power Air Fryer XL Review
Have you seen lots of delicious looking and tasting recipes online that use an air fryer? I have been seeing and reading a lot of great things about trending air fryers recently!
This is a very popular air fryer and it has been promoted in many “As Seen on TV” ads and commercials! The great thing is that you can make almost any recipe using it!
In this Power Air Fryer XL review, I’m going to review the 5.3 quart model. You will have all of the information you need to select which one is perfect for you and your family!
In a hurry? Check out the 5.3 quart model now!
Power Air Fryer XL 5.3 Quart Review
For the price, the 5.3 quart Power airfryer XL is one of the best values available.
Like all air fryers, it works by quickly heating the air to the set temperature and then quickly circulating the super heated air around the basket. When hot air circulates inside of the unit quickly it dries the surface of the food and seals in the juices. It can also cause the Maillard reaction to occur, which is the scientific term for the chemical reaction that gives fried food the brown, crispy texture.
With the easy-to-use digital controls, it is very simple to setup and run this power airfryer to cook your meals.
You can do a lot more than just air fry with this product. You can also roast, grill and bake with the preset functions.
A comprehensive list of pros and cons for this Power XL is list below!
- Large capacity for 4-6 people
- Simple to take apart and clean
- Easy to adjust settings and turn on
- 7 present cooking functions
- Comes with a cookbook
- Lots of positive reviews on Amazon
- Great value for the price
- Product has been around since 2016
- Comes with a basket divider
- Compatible with many air fryer accessories
- Available in black or red
- Basket can be difficult to remove and insert
- Coating may come off of basket after using
- Basket may rust once coating peels off
- Short 60 day warranty
- May not work much longer than 3 months
- Possibly too much power for 15A breaker
- Heavy – weighs 14.61 pounds
- Poor customer service
Features of the Power Air Fryer XL 5.3 Quart AF-530
This Power XL air fryer is loaded with useful cooking and safety features. While many air fryers have these features, the Power XL AF-530 is able to offer them at an unbeatable price!
- Controls: Digital Control Panel
- Functions: 7 Present Programs
- Capacity: 5.3 Quarts
- Temperature Range: 180°F to 400°F
- Timer: 60 Minute Timer with Auto Shut-Off
- Power: 1700 Watts, 120V/60Hz
- Handle: Large Easy-Grip Handle
- Basket: Removable with Non-Stick Coating
- Basket Release: Pushing Button with Sliding Button Guard
- Dimensions: 13.9″w x 15.6″h x 13.9″d
- Weight: 14.61 pounds
- Colors: Black or Red
- Protection: Over-Heating Shut-Off
- Cookbook: Included
- Manual: AF-530 Instruction Manual Online
- Warranty: 60 Days
How Many People Can the 5.3 Quart Air Fryer Feed?
A 5.3 quart air fryer would be consider a large capacity air fryer. You could expect to be able to make enough food to feed 4-6 people with a large one like this.
By utilizing the included basket divider, you can easily cook several different types of food in the air fryer at once, thus speeding up the meal cooking time. You will have to compensate for different cooking times and temperatures though to make everything gets cooked, but not burnt!
How to Use the Power XL Air Fryer
After removing your new air fryer from the packaging and thoroughly washing the outer basket and fry basket with warm, soapy water, you are ready to start using it!
Here are the steps to use your Power XL air fryer!
- Place the fry basket into the outer basket properly.
- Place the food you want in the air fryer basket.
- Slide the baskets into the air fryer cooking unit until it clicks into place.
- Plug the power cord into a 120V outlet.
- Press the Power Button once.
- Select the Preselect function using the M Button, or manually set the temperature and time.
- Press the Power Button once and that will start the air frying cooking process.
Note, you may or may not want to spray olive oil or peanut oil in the basket before adding the food to help prevent it from sticking to the basket.
You will want to stop and shake the food contents about halfway through the cooking time.
BE CAREFUL! THE BASKET WILL BE VERY HOT TO TOUCH!
Here’s how to mix the food.
- Grab the handle of the basket and pull the basket out of the cooking unit.
- Carefully shake the food contents around so that they get mixed up within the basket.
- Slide the baskets back into the main unit.
- The air fryer will continue the cooking cycle for the rest of the time.
When the air frying is done, simply remove the basket from the main unit. You will want to put the extremely hot basket on a heat-resistant surface, like the stove. Remove the finished meal using a teflon spoon or similar, and enjoy your air fried meal!
How to Clean an Air Fryer
After allowing the air fryer to cool down, it is time to clean the air fryer baskets.
If you cook something that drips grease, such as chicken wings, burger, steak or bacon, then you will want to clean the air fryer baskets every time after you use it.
However, if you cook something like cheese sticks, tater tots or french fries, then you really don’t need to clean the baskets because they aren’t too dirty.
Regardless, here’s how to clean the air fryer baskets!
- Slide the button guard forward and push down on the release button.
- Separate the fry basket from the outer basket.
- Using warm, soapy water, fully clean both baskets and allow them to dry.
- Once dry, put the baskets back together and insert them into the air fryer for storage.
Do I Recommend the Power Air Fryer XL?
Yes, I would recommend buying the Power Air Fryer XL 5.3 quart model. It is large enough for most families, and the quality really enhances the types of meals and appetizers you can eat at home! Once you get comfortable with using it, you can try air fryer recipes like chicken wings, cheese sticks, fries, fried chicken, chicken tenders, chicken pieces, asparagus, baked potato and so many other of your favorite foods, you will be addicted to air frying and you will use it daily!
The only downfalls with this airfryer is that the warranty is only 60 days, and the basket appears to peel for many people. It’s possible the peel can be avoided by properly seasoning the basket and using cooking oils and sprays to keep food from sticking to it. Also, you do not want to scrap the basket with anything sharp or hard, like a knife or metal utensils. Stick with soft teflon or plastic accessories for removing food!
Looking for Other Small Kitchen Appliances?
If one of these doesn’t sound like the right product for you, then you might want to research the Emeril Lagasse Power Airfryer, Philips Air Fryer, Power Air Fryer Oven, toaster oven, deep fat fryer or an Instant Pot.
These other appliances might give you more options for baked goods with flour, or they could be used as a dehydrator to make my favorite food, beef jerky!